We have some big news to share with you! Press play!
Dear Aura Brushed Client,
We are coming up on the New Year and nearing our second anniversary in business! These last two years have been an amazing journey, and we are pleased to introduce some changes to benefit our clients. I have been fortunate to work with positive and influential women right here in Houston. Women who have won fitness competitions and beauty pageants, carried children through to birth, women in law firms and the oil & gas industry, and women who’ve inspired me in more ways than one!
Because of you, Aura Brushed is continuously growing. It’s my desire to continue to set our self apart from other spray tan and makeup artists in Houston. Some reasons our clients love us is due to our quality solutions and products we use for spray tanning & makeup services along with our genuine customer service! We care for each of our clients as if you are our family. This level of customer service and experience comes from my 5 + years in the beauty industry with professional training and lessons learned first-hand.
With our second anniversary approaching, we are excited to announce some new changes effective 1/1/2019 to better your experience at Aura Brushed. I know that these changes will be beneficial to both Aura Brushed and our clients. Please see below for the updated policies. We are very excited to have your support for another year in business!
Premium Dark solution phaseout – Effective 1/1/2019:
Our Norvell Premium Dark solution is being phased out and being replaced by COSMO. COSMO is Norvell’s new solution that is formulated with a proprietary blend of vitamins and antioxidants. COSMO is ALL NATURAL with ORGANIC INGREDIENTS that offers a natural dark tan between premium dark and venetian. There will not be an increase in price for this solution.
Makeup Prices – Effective 1/1/2019:
IN SALON: Special events (Galas, birthdays, holiday parties, wedding attendees, models, photographers)- $80,
Bridal parties (bridesmaids, mother of the bride/groom)- $100,
Brides - $150, Juniors (age 11-14) - $40
MOBILE PRICING: Special events - $100, Bridal parties - $120, Brides - $175, Juniors - $60
Aura Brushed appreciates every one of you who continues to support our small business. We would like to reward you with 30% off you first makeup purchase for one special event application in salon. We would also like to reward you with one complimentary upgrade to try the new COSMO solution in salon.
It brings me great joy to continue bringing you flawless tanning and makeup services knowing that it makes each of you feel more beautiful and prepared for whichever events you have going on.
If you have any questions over the new updates please feel free to reach back out via email or text. Info@aurabrushed.com or 713-349-0881
Thank you and Happy New Year,
Aura Brushed has been open for one year now and the feelings that come to mind for Yusuf and I are how grateful and blessed we are! Yusuf and I launched Aura Brushed in February 2017 and we are so happy to have launched a business that is making women look and feel beautiful right here in our community. For the past year I have spent my days learning how to perfect my craft, better run my business, satisfy customers, network efficiently and be the best version of me that I can for Aura Brushed. I will continue to perfect my craft and expand my knowledge as long as Aura Brushed is around! My goal is to provide the best service you can find in Houston for Airbrush makeup and Airbrush tanning.
Yusuf and I hope that we are inspiring other women and men to get out there and contribute a reputable business to the community while doing what they love! If you have a passion in life all I have to say is, Channel that passion and don’t give up on it, don’t compare your passion to someone else’s, don’t be discouraged when someone doesn’t like your enthusiasm for your passion. Most importantly, always give credit where it is due and never think you are too good to learn something new or that you are too good to treat someone with respect and kindness.
-Crysta & Yusuf.
Are you feeling like you have done every romantic or neat valentines gift out there? Looking for some fresh ideas? Check out a list of 10 things my partner and I have done for each other over the past 5 valentines. Number 10 is our valentines fail!
1. Yusuf got me diamond earrings in a cupcake from Sprinkles. I absolutely loved this beautiful and delicate gift. Not to the mention he got me the best flavor! Red velvet and cream cheese frosting.
2. I cooked Yusuf a breakfast one year and folded the turkey bacon into the shape of a heart and secured it with a toothpick and baked it. When I came home from work he had dinner cooked and rose petals from the door to the bedroom with chocolates and stuffed animals on the bed. Sometimes it’s the little things!
3. There is a website called carbonfibergear.com and I love to get neat things from here for Yusuf. My best purchase from here was a wallet that has a super strong magnet.
4. If your partner is in the corporate world you can go for an always needed gift like cuff links or a computer bag. (Both of these I have done for Yusuf and they were a hit. Cufflinks for valentines and computer bag for Christmas.)
5. One year I got Yusuf a ice cream cake from Baskin-Robins and had them write a inside joke on top with icing. You could request “Be my Valentine” or “My Love”. In Yusuf’s words “that one took the cake.”
6. One year Yusuf got me a really nice wallet. In my opinion every woman should have at least one nice wallet. Guess I found a keeper!
7. There was a year when we decided to plan valentine’s day together. We didn’t get each other expensive gifts. All we did was book a couple’s massage, movie at ipic theatre, and a nice dinner. This was one of my favorites because we spent the day relaxing with each other and enjoying each other.
8. I made Yusuf a coupon booklet. I laugh when I think back on this one but it was cute. You can find any template online and print it out. The booklets vary from subjects to date nights, sexy ideas, get out of dishes coupon for example. You could make your own with a combination of subjects!
9. If you and your partner have been together for a long time then upgrading jewelry is always a beautiful gift. For newer couples this could be a time to gift a promise ring or diamond necklace to that special someone. Yusuf gave me a promise ring on one of our early valentines and it was such big moment for our relationship establishing that commitment.
10. We have had a couples of fails on our valentine’s gifts as well. One year I bought Yusuf a bunch of candy with a cute idea in mind and my little dog ate most of the candy… don’t worry, she survived and I just looked bad on valentines. One year Yusuf ordered a pair of earrings online for me and they ended up being really cheaply made and just terrible… he apologized and I keep them in my jewelry box for the good laugh. So, this one is a reminder that valentine day isn’t about the gift you give or receive. It is about spending the day with that one person you don’t want to go a day without.
It's almost a whole month into the new year and I’m curious as to how everyone’s goals are going! Did you do dry January, 30-day fit challenge, reading challenge, or stick to your same old ways? Well, whatever your goals are I hope you are crushing them! This year my goal is to keep consistency with all of my projects and routines. Sometimes this is hard for us because, well life. So, with all the life we have going on how do we find time for ourselves this year? Simple, make yourself a priority! Give yourself the little treats in life that keep you sane.
What are my treats that keep me sane? I’m glad you asked! My first treat is always a spray tan because it is the fastest pick me up out there. I treat myself to skincare and bubbles baths. My favorite treat though is date nights with my honey. These are the simple little things I like to do for myself because they make me feel good and when I feel good I spread more positivity.
So, whatever your goals are this year, remember to make yourself a priority. The little things you do for yourself are important. If its a quick 15 minute appointment or just sitting in the Starbucks drive thru in quite while you get your coffee to go. Your treats should bring you happiness! I hope you enjoyed this blog post and feel a bit more uplifted or inspired to pencil yourself in on your own schedule. Talk to you guys next month!
I’m sure you’re seeing these photos and thinking to yourself: “Oh my gosh... what is that!? This has happened to me! This is why I’m scared to spray tan!” Rest assured, my client did not leave my salon looking like this! I wanted to take a quick moment to explain why this happened and how it can be fixed.
My client did everything she was supposed to do before her spray tan. She showered, shaved, and exfoliated. She put on her loose dress and came with no deodorant or moisturizer/lotions on her skin. So why would this happen? My client washed her body with a thick cream body wash less than two hours prior to her spray tan. By doing this the body wash created a barrier of moisturizer on her skin, preventing any spray tan from being allowed to penetrate the top layer of skin. Now this was a lesson learned and she expressed how grateful she was that I knew how to fix this oops!
Accidents happen – it’s important to know how to fix them! I always keep buffers in my salon to even out and correct any errors in the tan. In this situation I grabbed my buffer and simply pushed the solution into the client’s skin. I did not rub the buffer across the tan at all. This allowed the buffer to really push the solution through the barrier while removing solution that would not penetrate the skin. You will notice that any heavy dark marks will now be blended. I then went back over this area with my airbrush gun to make sure the color is completely even. MAGIC! All fixed! Stay tuned for another post on how to fix this if it happens at home.
I hope you guys enjoyed this post and learned something new! Please feel free to leave any comments or questions!