Are you feeling like you have done every romantic or neat valentines gift out there? Looking for some fresh ideas? Check out a list of 10 things my partner and I have done for each other over the past 5 valentines. Number 10 is our valentines fail!
1. Yusuf got me diamond earrings in a cupcake from Sprinkles. I absolutely loved this beautiful and delicate gift. Not to the mention he got me the best flavor! Red velvet and cream cheese frosting.
2. I cooked Yusuf a breakfast one year and folded the turkey bacon into the shape of a heart and secured it with a toothpick and baked it. When I came home from work he had dinner cooked and rose petals from the door to the bedroom with chocolates and stuffed animals on the bed. Sometimes it’s the little things!
3. There is a website called carbonfibergear.com and I love to get neat things from here for Yusuf. My best purchase from here was a wallet that has a super strong magnet.
4. If your partner is in the corporate world you can go for an always needed gift like cuff links or a computer bag. (Both of these I have done for Yusuf and they were a hit. Cufflinks for valentines and computer bag for Christmas.)
5. One year I got Yusuf a ice cream cake from Baskin-Robins and had them write a inside joke on top with icing. You could request “Be my Valentine” or “My Love”. In Yusuf’s words “that one took the cake.”
6. One year Yusuf got me a really nice wallet. In my opinion every woman should have at least one nice wallet. Guess I found a keeper!
7. There was a year when we decided to plan valentine’s day together. We didn’t get each other expensive gifts. All we did was book a couple’s massage, movie at ipic theatre, and a nice dinner. This was one of my favorites because we spent the day relaxing with each other and enjoying each other.
8. I made Yusuf a coupon booklet. I laugh when I think back on this one but it was cute. You can find any template online and print it out. The booklets vary from subjects to date nights, sexy ideas, get out of dishes coupon for example. You could make your own with a combination of subjects!
9. If you and your partner have been together for a long time then upgrading jewelry is always a beautiful gift. For newer couples this could be a time to gift a promise ring or diamond necklace to that special someone. Yusuf gave me a promise ring on one of our early valentines and it was such big moment for our relationship establishing that commitment.
10. We have had a couples of fails on our valentine’s gifts as well. One year I bought Yusuf a bunch of candy with a cute idea in mind and my little dog ate most of the candy… don’t worry, she survived and I just looked bad on valentines. One year Yusuf ordered a pair of earrings online for me and they ended up being really cheaply made and just terrible… he apologized and I keep them in my jewelry box for the good laugh. So, this one is a reminder that valentine day isn’t about the gift you give or receive. It is about spending the day with that one person you don’t want to go a day without.